In a recent interview with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, The Miz provided some clarity regarding reports that he torn his ACL at last month’s WrestleMania Backlash.
Initial reports stated that The Miz would be out six to nine months. The Miz indicated that he doesn’t plan on being out for nine months.
Below are excerpts from the interview, courtesy of Sports Illustrated.
The Miz on the intital reports of his injury:
“I love reading reports about my injury,” Mizanin says. “It’s amazing. It’s all usually wrong. I was reading stuff about me like, ‘What? Where are they finding this information?’ I hadn’t even released anything that I was even injured. As far as I’m concerned, everyone keeps asking me how I’m feeling, and I feel like a million bucks—and I’m going to be on WWE TV every week like I always am.”
The Miz regarding his injury status:
“I’ll be out for a little bit of time,” Mizanin says. “I’ve seen that I’ll be out nine months. I don’t plan on being out nine months. I was on TV last Monday, and I’m going to be on TV every week. We always tell children not to try what we do at home because it’s a very dangerous sport, and I’m a person that had never been injured in a WWE ring for my entire career. I had a match, and did I get injured? Yes, the answer is yes, I did get injured. How long will I be out? To be completely honest, I don’t even know that. I’m just working on physical therapy, getting everything back to 100% so I can give the audience exactly what they want.”