Rumor Roundup: Stone Cold doc, Lana plans, Cody/WWE, NXT COVID, more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Lillian Garcia told Chris Van Vliet that WWE and the producers of ESPN’s The Last Dance are working on a documentary about Stone Cold Steve Austin’s career.
- A source told WrestlingNews.co WWE does have plans for Lana to “get back at” Nia Jax for all the table spots, and that Lana’s recent booking is not because there’s heat on her for Miro going to AEW.
- In addition to WWE dropping their claim on “Cody Rhodes” recently, PW Insider notes that last week Cody abandoned his claims for “Slamboree” and “The Match Beyond”.
- Yet another report on frustration backstage at NXT about COVID protocols from Fightful Select, this time at Halloween Havoc. Talent were also frustrated about classes resuming at the Performance Center without any changes after the latest outbreak.
- Also from Fightful, EC3 is done with Impact for now and will work with Ring of Honor for the rest of the year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.