Marko Stunt said to be on his way of AEW citing budget cuts and large roster
According to a report by Fightful Select, Marko Stunt is said to be on his way out of AEW.
The report notes that Stunt received a phone call from AEW President of Talent Relations Christopher Daniels last week, and informed him (Stunt) that the company would not be renewing his contract.
The report notes Daniels cited budget cuts and a large roster as the reason that Stunt’s contract is not being renewed.
Furthermore, it was also said that Daniels reportedly mentioned to Stunt that creative plans had changed for Jurassic Express.
Fightful Select also said that Stunt suffered a concussion last October, and that despite not being booked or given a reason why, he was said to have made an effort to reach out to the company to get booked hoping to prove himself for a new deal with the company.
The report did also stated that the split between AEW Stunt was amicable, and that Daniel’s conversation with Stunt went well.
Below is a link to our previous report from March 27 regarding Stunt’s contract status with AEW.