AEW Full Gear 2020 Results, Viewing Party & More
Welcome to the live results watch page for AEW FULL GEAR 2020 pay-per-view!
The event is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET with the Buy In, followed by the main show starting at 8 p.m.
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- (Buy In) NWA Women’s World Championship Match: Serena Deeb (c) defeated Allysin Kay by submission.
- AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament Final: Kenny Omega defeated Hangman Adam Page by pinfall.
- Orange Cassidy defeated John Silver by pinfall.
- AEW TNT Championship Match: Darby Allin defeated Cody Rhodes (c) by pinfall.
- AEW Women’s World Championship Match: Hikaru Shida (c) defeated Nyla Rose by pinfall.
- AEW World Tag Team Championship Match: The Young Bucks defeated FTR (c) by pinfall.
- The Elite Deletion Match: Matt Hardy defeated Sammy Guevara by pinfall.
- MJF defeated Chris Jericho by pinfall.
- AEW World Championship “I Quit” Match: Jon Moxley (c) defeated Eddie Kingston
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
- I’m definitely thinking this match for the NWA women’s title is Allysin Kay’s tryout for AEW and she’s not winning.
- Styles Clash from Deeb isn’t the end of the match, but Kay taps out a minute later. Hm.
Kenny Omega vs. Adam Page
- I kind of dig Omega having long intros that point out how he’s better than his opponent.
- Gotta tell ya, this doesn’t have the energy behind it I was hoping it would. I wanted this to be a Match of the Year deal and it’s just not.
- Yeah, wow. I’m disappointed. I feel like they held back so much.
John Silver vs. Orange Cassidy
- These guys are two of the most entertaining people in AEW. I’m excited to see what they do.
- Already, a minute in, I’m more entertained than anything so far.
- Silver is eating Cassidy’s pockets? LOL
- “Let’s go Silver!” / “Freshly squeezed!”
- Loved it. Great from start to finish.
Cody Rhodes vs. Darby Allin
- Oh good. Cody IS going by Cody Rhodes. So why did he bother saying he wouldn’t? Anyway, that’s the right call.
- I’m starting to get a feeling we’re getting a new champion. Cody is coming off like the one who is going to get his comeuppance. Maybe not—maybe this is setting up a heel turn where he’s dominant because he’s a jerk or something. But I wouldn’t be shocked if Allin scored a surprise win.
- Yup. There we go. Random pinfall for the shocking win and Allin is the new champion.
- I’d be cool with Brian Cage or Ricky Starks becoming the next TNT champion pretty soon, if that’s in the cards.
AEW Women’s World Championship Match
- Cody’s talked about this not needing a build; that they’ll just go out and have a supposedly great match and everyone will forgive them for not having a storyline. Let’s see how that plays out.
- Nothing bad going on here, but nothing great, either. This is totally fine and I’ll forget everything that happens in it by the time the match is over, most likely.
- Nice moment when Shida pulled Rose up from the 2-count after Rose had done the same to her. I liked that sass.
- What a lackluster ending. This match wasn’t as good as their previous one. And now that we know that it was just a match and it had no feud going on for it worth sinking our teeth into, it’s official: this was just a placeholder thing to stall before doing the Baker match.
AEW World Tag Team Championship Match
- Jackson’s injured. Harwood needs to get his hand bandaged. This hasn’t picked up the pace enough for me to be loving it. Damn…I’m really feeling so blah about this event and I was looking forward to it.
- Rock solid match. No complaints here.
- Man. I wish I had more stuff to talk about specifically, but I just enjoyed this outright and there isn’t much I can elaborate on.
- Glad The Young Bucks won the belts. I didn’t want another “we can’t fight for the titles” scenario.
- Nice touch having Adam Page watch the celebration from the stage instead of joining in.
The Elite Deletion Match
- I love that Sammy Guevara pulled up to The Hardy Compound in one of those carts that he’s been getting chased in.
- This fireworks show is ridiculous, but I dig it. Why not, right? Even though it feels more like an episode of Jackass than a wrestling match.
- Hurricane Helms and Gangrel? Okay. I laughed.
- Not sure if I’m stoked about them playing off the head to the concrete injury.
- We can check off Senor Benjamin and Reby Hardy. The kids still haven’t shown up yet, surprisingly.
MJF vs Chris Jericho
- Thumbs up on MJF’s entrance.
- Good match. You’d think Jericho was a babyface with the way he’s working here, which is good, as MJF should definitely be more of the heel.
- I dig the ending of MJF using dirty tactics to get a roll-up and win.
I Quit Match for AEW World Championship
- What is Eddie Kingston wearing? Guy looks like he raided Shorty G’s leftover gear.
- Thumb tacks are a major nope.
- Rubbing alcohol on top of the thumb tack wounds? Even bigger nope. I don’t even like the smell of that.
- Glad to see these two beat the hell out of each other. That’s how this match needed to go.
Tell us your thoughts on AEW Full Gear 2020 in the comments below!